- *update* a box of syringes, gauze, surgical masks and gloves just arrived, donated by another adoptive family, who requested supplies from their doctor's office--great!!
- 500 doses of CeraLyte electrolyte rehydration solution, 20% of it donated by a fantastic company called Cera Products, based in Maryland. They wanted to donate more but had already sent thousands of doses to Myanmar. If you are ever looking for powdered rehydration solution, this was the only one I could find in this hemisphere. You can buy it from them online at www.ceraproductsinc.com
- 4 cases of Poly-Vi-Sol infant vitamins, donated by Mead Johnson.
- antibiotics for diarrhea, which can quickly become dangerous in babies and young children
- antibiotics for garden-variety infections, everything from an infected cut to a respiratory infection
- a few small toys and other items tucked in around the edges
Busy week ahead - the next post will likely be from Antwerp. Cool!