Monday, June 04, 2007

You too can hear Belgian radio!

Click on the title of this post, and you will find yourself on the homepage of Radio Twee (two), which was my favorite station to have on while hanging out in the Antwerp apartment. Eclectic and stimulating, the songs are a mix of pop and one-of-a-kind Flemish folk and singer-songwriter music. When you get to the home page, make sure pop-ups are enabled, and then choose "Luister Live" to get audio streaming. I heard a news update and missed the sound of the little "between stories" punctuation sound, which had wormed its way into my everyday sounds without my even knowing it. Listening to Radio Twee lets me imagine I'm not so far from Belgium.

Give it a try!

And by the way, you would never believe how much more internet is out there beyond the .com's and the .org's--every European country has its own suffix, and there are hundreds of thousands of webpages you'll never find if your Google is set only to English language sites.

Gotta love the internet.

No comments:

You can search FTJ for past posts, e.g. China info...

Google